Wednesday, July 4, 2012

London

The rest of the time Meek was in class I kept busy by sight seeing and of course shopping!
First stop was a King's Cross, mostly because that's where my train arrived into London from East Croydon that day.
 Outside St. Pancreas on my way into King's Cross.

A large crowd was gathered around what I had come to see.

Somehow I managed to get a shot of it on it's own :)  Kind of disappointing that it wasn't actually between platform 9 and 10.





Next I went on the Tub!

These are seriously deep underground.

Once above ground I was met by a massive number of these red buses. To be totally honest (and American) I really thought that these were only tour buses not actual city buses.

Walking around waiting for the stores to open, it was Sunday and here in London like in the States things open later on Sundays.




Carnaby Street is where I spent quite a bit of time wandering around before the stores opened.


Made my way to this random church.

When I got to my first choice of stores to shop in, there was already quite a large crowd.

More wondering after shopping at TopShop.  Your Michele and Sarah, he he he.

Wandering around London I passed the American Embassy

 
World War Animal Monument.

Some park in London.

Wish I could remember what park this was.
There were phone booths like this one all over the city.


Canadian Embassy in London.
Another odd phone booth

One of Big Ben with the real Big Ben in the background.

London Eye, we didn't get to go on this because the weather was pretty lousy all week.

Big Ben

Parliament

Some church on my way to the train station to head back to the hotel



No comments:

Post a Comment